Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chocolate Box w./ card

Printable box template

Hello and a wonderful day.

Well… this is soooo weird :-) iam finally able to show my projects and cards on my personal space while iam working already on the submissions for Magnolia ink 4!!! hahaha :-)

First i had not really and idea what to make but than all of a sudden my ideas just came and as we all who make something for the magazine hope that Magnolia will like and publish it. We only find out if Magnolia is  sending us a issue to look at it. Prior to that we do not know if we made the cut with our submissions.

So i hope that i can impress with my ideas and execution in the next round and you as readers will like it and most of it feel inspired what you can create with all the cute Magnolia stamps, papers and matching embellishments.

Box3 Today i would like to start with my chocolate box.

I had the idea to make this “Gatefold” kind of box and my hubby who is good with the computer made for me the template. If you hide your seam (opening) with a nice ribbon or lace you can not even see where the paper opens – you know even if you use sturdy cardstock it always seam to have some ugly gaps? Click on my photo by adding the ribbon the horizontal way – it does not show at all.

Here is how it opens and how it looks from the inside. Well.. Easter is over but it would be something that works for any occasion.

Box1

Since i had some time before the deadline for the magazine was, i quickly made a matching card to go with the box.

The card is only 5 x 5 which fits inside the box AND is the perfect size for the “Armor Tilda” with “envelope”.

All the layers of cardstock have been sprayed with Tattered Angles Pearl mist and of course i used Stickles.  

Box2

Stamps: 5 x 5 Card Armor Tilda, #649 envelope and # 712 Sentiment from the 2009 Valentines line

Box: “ # 322 Bridsmade Tilda from the Wedding Collection 2010
script background stamp from the 2009 Valentines line

papers: Basic Grey 6x6

32 comments:

Marley said...

Wow Claudia!! Really pretty box and card!! And so yummy! really good inspiration xxx marley

Alina said...

It looks wonderful, Claudia!
Hugs, Alina

anja said...

super claudia love it.
thaks for sharing
gr anja

Debby said...

lovely box and card!!!

Nanda said...

You make wonderful things. I like the chocolatbox, it looks so sweet. I am surprised that you don't know if your creations are in the magazine untill you get one to look at. I won the first contest in the magazine and I was so surprised because I didn't hear anything from them after sending them my card. After that I didn't hear anything eather of them untill I got a wonderfull package full with stamps, papers and flowers. I like the Magnolia magazine alot because it gives me ideas and I learn alot just to look at the creations from other people.

I hope we will se more creations from you in the magazine!

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful box and card. Elaine

Jacilynn said...

so beautiful! What a great box and card. Claudia you are so talented!
x

Jessie said...

Beautiful box and card!

Amanda said...

Looove the vibrant colors!!!

nessy said...

wow what a wonderful set this is ~a very special gift idea ~who doesn`t like chocs??
beautifully made!!
vanessa xx

Nancy said...

This is stunning, Claudia:O) Thank you for sharing the great template, and please tell you hubby he did a brilliant job too:O)
Love the yummy papers and pretty design. Those Tildas are so sweet, and you colouring is fabulous.
Have a lovely afternoon.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Trudy said...

Gorgeous box Claudia - love the colours and papers...and that image is so sweet!
Hugs Trudy

Bee and Dee said...

Beautiful Bee x

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a beautiful project Claudia!

doris said...

OMG Claudia, deine Box ist fantastisch!!

GLG Doris

Liza said...

This is beautiful Claudia, I love the design and gorgeous colours.

Liza x

Chris said...

I absolutely love your chocolate box Claudia, I loved it in the magazine and it's great to see it here with more photo's and closer, so beautiful! Hugs, Chris

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!

Candy said...

Thank you for the box dimensions, Claudia!
Your work is always wonderful and your box and card are no exception.
Delightful work - love to study it all.
Hugs, Candy

Suzi Mac said...

What a stunning gift set this is. Love the papers, Tilda of course is coloured to perfection. It's all the wonderful little details you add that made it so adorable. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Suzi x

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous Claudia - thank you so much for sharing your template and instructions with us :o) I love the images you used and the papers - wonderful project.

hugs
wynneth
x

Marion said...

Wow Claudia! Fabulous box and card. So pretty.
Marion

patzi said...

sieht die Box spitze aus. Vielen Dank für die sehr schöne Anleitung.
Du machst immer so wunderschöne Sachen, ich bin ein absoluter Fan von dir. Wenn ich jetzt dein Text noch lesen könnte wäre es perfekt (kann leider kein Englisch).

LG
patzi

Lisa said...

It's stunning Claudia!!

Bribrie said...

C'est magnifique ! Merci bcq pour le template, c'est une belle réussite ! Bravooo

scrappinpeg said...

This is just wonderful Claudia.... I love it!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning love the riscness of the colours. Hugs Ali x

Nancy said...

I loved this in the magazine. The colors are beautiful along with your coloring. This gift box would work for many occasions.

Debbie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it, the detail and all the work that went into it is amazing..

scraphappy said...

C'est magnifique.
It's wonderfull.
I love it.
KISS

Tammi said...

Wow! Love the card with the candy box, always love what you come up with! :)

Anonymous said...

I consider, that you commit an error. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.