Sunday, April 20, 2014

Altered canvas bag

Hi there.. Happy Easter to you all
hope you had a good hunt with the kids for all the goodies.

Nice to see you have some time to swing by my blog for a minute or two. I would like to show you a canvas bag I altered for a friend.
The other day when I was hanging out over at Angie’s house I saw the cute bags she made with one of her Little Darlings stamps and I thought geezz…. so want to try one too AND most importantly it all worked out for me due to the “main” project I wanted to do… will show you later.

Canvas bag

Again, I printed “Poppy” 100% out, colored her with Copics in – you saw the image on the Magnet book than I scanned the image and printed it out onto “Print & Iron” Cotton Fabric sheets (100%). The colors did lack some “brilliance” on the fabric sheet compared to the original, but I don’t know if it was because my ink in the printer ran on low or if I had to change my printer settings. It didn’t matter to me… compared to the photos… the colors where more saturated as it does really show and I think it worked out well on the pale canvas cotton fabric.

Next I stamped my canvas bag with brown ink usable for fabrics and a few Magnolia stamps, heat set ink with iron. Than I sewed some pretty crochet ribbon around the edge. Cut my image out and ironed it onto the bag. Next step was just a quick embellishing with stuff I had in my craft bins and I am sure you have some of it too. I will give you some of the names below

Canvas bag1

Tim Holtz lace chain, Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Martha Stewart crochet butterflies, canvas flowers, vintage findings, Prima Marketing flowers and metal trinkets, Versa Craft ink pad in brown, stamps: Magnolia post mark, circular and script

Thank you. See you soon.

Claudia
easter-opening-times-2014

13 comments:

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Wow! This looks really fantastic!!! Absolutely love it! Maybe i`ll try it sometime when i have my new craftroom set up. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs...Mona

cebelica said...

Omg, this is awesome. I want a bag like this!!! Love it!! Hugs! xx

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Claudia, this is amazing hun, what a wonderful gift.

Donna x

Hilde said...

wow what a bag!! In my dreams i want a bag like this!

Just love it!

Juls said...

wow wow - what can I say, utterly amazing!! Hugs Juls

Rema designs said...

Wow its so pretty love love love it
Rebecca

Christina C. said...

What a GORGEOUS canvas bag...so impressive!!!!! W-O-W!!!!

Tammi said...

Wowzers, gorgeous! LOVE this bag, what a great idea!! I'm loving your coloring and how you did her cheeks, the spots here and there...I'm done coloring until I can color like you, haha. You should make these to sell Claudia, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. ~hugs

Debbie said...

So beautiful.Love it.Hugs Debbie x

Elise said...

Hi Dear Claudia! Wow wow wow! You did it again .. made another AMAZING project! What a most incredible bag .. decorated with the most GORGEOUS colourings and embellies! I know your friend will truly LOVE this!!! :)

Hope you and your family had a lovely Easter!

Sending BIG Hugs,
Elise

Tindaloo said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous! Lovely colored image too ♥

Heidi said...

Claudia this little bag is adorable, vintage- very pretty. Where did you get the bag?

doris said...

Wunder-, wunderschöne ist die Tasche!!

Ganz liebe Grüße
Doris