Friday, January 24, 2014

Sweet Friend

Hello friends,

an other day off school for the kids here in Michigan. Some of you might have heard what severe weather conditions we have gotten this year. Today we did not get snow but such cold temperatures about minus 28 Celsius or 20 F. So school was cancelled for the district.

All week both of my kids have been sick so I guess its kind of a good thing that they are not missing an other day.

The card I have made is a rather simple one but I used a technique called “Dryer sheet” technique witch gives the card a more unique look. I took two photos I hope it shows for you on one of them. You can find how how to the Dryer sheet technique is done over on SCS.
Thanks ladies!

Sweet friend_1

Stamps: Tilda with ski in the snow
Sentiment: Little Darlings
Die: Spellbinder Postage 
paper: Magnolia ink mini cloudy  hearts
Coloring: Water colors
Embellishments: ultra fine glitter, dryer sheet, fake snow, Stickles, white gel pen, brushes.

Sweet friend_2

18 comments:

Denise Gutierrez said...

She is so gorgeous !! I have never heard of this technique before, I may have to look it up

Sandra H said...

Gosh Claudia what a stunning card such an adorable image and the layout and embellis is beautiful x

Angela said...

Wow Claudia,
your card looks so wonderful,it really sparkles all over.I love it.Oh it's so cold outside,here in Berlin we have only -5 celcius,but that's nothing to your temperatures.get wellsoon to your kids.
Many hugs and greetings
Angela

Christina C. said...

WOW, WOW, WOW.......soooo toll!!!!! Super koloriert und gestaltet!!!!
Da muss Ich mal nach schauen wie das wohl geht!

Tammi said...

Your coloring always amazes me!!! As do your cards! :) Gorgeous! Haven't heard about the dryer sheet technique...and "this" could qualify as your Christmas card if you want it too! ;)

Only By His Grace said...

So adorable Claudia. I love your water colouring. Lovely background too. Will check out 'dryer sheet'
Hugs maz

Suzi Mac said...

This is so gorgeous, I love this application you've used and as ever your colouring is amazing. Hugs Suzi x

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Claudia! I have not idea of this technique, but is shure looks interesting and it creates a perfect glittery background that looks like snow, great for tilda! she is sooo cute! gorgeous coloring. I hope your boys are better, and I sympathise with you for cold weather. same in Montreal. Hugs.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Claudia love the colour's and design have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

CraftyNatalie said...

Beautiful card

Kelly said...

Beautiful work, I need to check out the dryer sheet method as it created a fabulous snowy background for Tilda. I love the postage stamp shape also. Love your coloring and look forward to your cards. Also your backdrop behind the card really enhanced it, I love the weave texture with your card.
Stay warm,
Kelly

Becky said...

OH My, this is stunning. Gorgeous colors and love the die. I was thinking of getting this but have been holding off, until I saw this :)

JenniferD said...

Nothing plain or simple and boring about your cards! Sorry they are all Awesome! So many little things to look at and Admire! Enjoy your day with the Children! We have been in a Heat wave here 46 last week 4 days in a row and 34 today I think we are starting to melt!

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card! Love the postage shape and the fabulous coloring. Hugs, Ivonne

claudia said...

This little card is fantasatic, I love these colours very much!
Fantastic is also the previus card, I love it
many hugs
Claudia

Debbie in LA said...

Greetings from Louisiana on the Gulf Coast where school has been cancelled for 2 days and the temperature is 22 degrees F. Lovely card. I, too, am enjoying having the kids home for extra time instead of being out in the sleet.

Monique said...

That is so pretty Claudia !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

XxJULESxX said...

one word------ WOW!!!!