Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ramblings …

Hi there,
Thank you for seeing me today.
I have no new card to share but instead I’d like to show you what I have made on the car ride to Ottawa.
The turquoise cardigan I finished at home but the raspberry red and a nice shawl for me and a hat for my husband is almost ready (I ran out of yarn)

I love love this cute sweater pattern. It is so easy to knit and Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn is simply a dream. So very soft and cozy. The turquoise cardigan is a size 3 months and the raspberry sweater is a size 9 months. I changed the pattern a bit and made a wider yoke to match the top. I have to re-take some photos of the red cardigan. Both cardigans are for sale if you are interested. I will list them later in my Etsy boutique.

Kina_3months_2_reKina_9months_3

Some may remember the pattern I showed the other day and the skein of Malabrigo Merino sock yarn. The colour way is called “Turner” and I needed just one skein of yarn. Iam sooo very happy with this bandana style shawl. I must say I was worried if I can knit it but it was really easy. I love this shawl, it is soft, light and the colour is just my thing. I blocked it on Saturday and I was able to wear it already yesterday and today. We have had some snowflurries in the morning and a strong wind. I think I will make some more of this shawl to use as presents. I my next project will be the linen stitch scarf from Churchmouse. After reading some reviews on the pattern, seams to be one you have to look at every single stitch and not that easy but the finished product is sooo beautiful.  I will give it a try this week.

turner_1turner_2

Well.. last but not least.. here are a couple of pictures of Danielle and me. Do not look to close Smile I had a terrible Allergie outbreak the week I was in Ottawa. My face was all swollen and I had red patches on my face and neck. Sad smile

DSC01635DSC01636

hugs!

Claudi

7 comments:

Carole said...

Wow Clauia.....what stunning creations....fabulous colours. It's nice to see your knitting :-)
Love the photos of you and Danielle!
Hugs
Carole x

ribenaruby said...

Hi Claudia, just popping by to see your lovely knits! I'm absolutely delighted to see your creativity run into knitting, I love it too..love how you can change your pattern to suit an older baby , you're a clever lady. Beautiful work. Ruby x

Sandra H said...

Claudia they are stunning:)x

Ella's Design said...

Hi Clauid, I am always in awe of your knitted creations...I would love to be able to knit, but just can't get the hang of 2 needles, so have promised myself to learn to crochet this year. Only problem is, we're already in April and I haven't even started yet! Glad you had a good time with Danielle in Ottawa, despite the allergies! Lisa X

Christine said...

Such beautiful knittings, Claudia! I would love to know the name of the pattern for your shawl, and where to find it. It would make a great Mother's Day gift for my Mother in Law with some yarn.

I can't count how many times I've gone red and blotchy from allergies, usually at the most inopportune moment of course! The other day I was meeting one of my daughter's teachers for the first time and had a bad asthma attack... I think she was horrified! I couldn't stop coughing or talk, and she definitely thought I had some horrible cold or virus LOL...

Danielle Champagne said...

OMG Claudia, your scarf turned out beautifully. what a lovely gift for mother's day. and your little cardigans are adorable. Sweetie I hope this allergy went away...
I love your knitting, and I might just try my hands again at it. except, I can't use beautiful pure wool, as I am allergic to it. but I simply adore this scarf. Hugs. xoxo

Carissa said...

Your knitted creations are beautiful. I would love to know where to find the pattern for that shawl.
Carissa