Sunday, December 4, 2011

Needlework

Hello ladies… time for my weekend update on this weeks needle work Smile

First  I want to show my very first owl – finished last night. I thought I would raffle a family of 3 owls (one more with body in green and one with a body in bright blue/teal) next Saturday on Ebay for Brandon. I hope I can get them finished this week. The back side of the owl has the same pattern as the front – they are actually quite large- nice size for babies hands or just to display in the house.
Owl yarn: Patons and Debbie Bliss 100% cotton yarn

owl_1

Sorry all photos are a bit blurry.. I just quickly took them on the way downstairs Smile this one is already in use for Niklas – made completely out of scrap pieces. the knitting was done quickly but waving all these loose ends in – was really a pain.
100% Debbie Bliss Cotton Yarn – Aran Weight

Debbie Bliss_Childl Cotton Scarf

Stuff in the making – here are some granny flowers – this is going to be a bag for Spring – iam going to line the bag with matching fabric. This project is on hold for now but I have all the numbers of flowers I need.
Yarn: 100% cotton by Sugar n Cream purple, yellow and white

Spring_Bag

Next is a shawl / Dreieckstuch I started last week Saturday – and iam almost finished with it. Just 2 more rows in the pattern and than I have to do the lace border. I had this yarn sitting for almost 1 yearn – got it on sale, and never had an idea what to make with it until I found a photo of the shawl in the picture below.

Trillian

The pattern is called “ Trillian” and omg.. it is so easy to knit.. I can actually watch TV while doing it. My yarn is by Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Yarn in color Amish. it is very soft 100% Superwash wool. Like that!
sooo… the girl in the photo below is NOT ME Smile I got it out of the pattern I purchased. The yarn her shawl is made – is very thin.. knitted on only 2 mm needles. I used for mine 11 US sized needles I am going to use 2.5 skeins for the shawl and I will have enough left from the 3 skein to make  matching gloves or a hat. I will see. The set will be gifted for Christmas.

Dreieckstuch

That’s it for today.. I know I promised one of you a tutorial how to make the rose bud I used on my crochet hanger. I have not forgotten. I try to get it all done.
As always with love
Claudia

12 comments:

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, die Eule ist total reizend, wunderschoene Farben!!!!
Fantastische Handwerk, Claudi!

Regina said...

Meine Güte, Claudia! Was für schöne Handarbeit machst du noch so nebenbei! Die Eule ist so schön bunt und sieht lustig aus!
Die Grannys mag ich sehr gern leiden, die Wolle ist aber auch so schön!

Wünsche dir noch einen schönen 2.Advent-Nachmittag!

Liebe Grüße Regina

Heidi said...

WOW I really love that owl Claudia, you are so talented my friend. Is there anything you can't do "lol"

Hugs and love
Heidi

Maria Therese said...

Love your owl!!

nessy said...

oh my, you are so talented ~ amazing creations!!
vanessa xx

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Wow great work, what a great owl i like it beautiful.

Hugs Agnesxx

Marie-Anne said...

OMG All those projects are gorgeous. I love the owl.

Marie-Anne

doris said...

Deine Handarbeiten sind ganz große Klasse und ich muss wieder einmal feststellen, dass du ein Allroundtalent bist.

GLG Doris

June Nelson said...

You are one talented lady, I sdont know where you get the time to create such diverse things theyre brilliant xxxx

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Love all your work!!! Love the little owl, its just out of this world!!! Hugs Juls

ANUPAMA said...

Kitchen works are synergistic with the proper gadgets. Proper gadgets not just assure the proper utilization of the ingredients, but also serve the safety concern of user as well. Maharaja is all here at www.rightshopping.in/g/itb.asp?C=Maharaja-Kitchen-Appliances&b=Maharaja&cid=6to make the real cooking boost for the user.

Tyleroxxk said...

Ohhhhh, die Eule ist total reizend, wunderschoene Farben!!!! Fantastische Handwerk, Claudi!