as promised here is the video how I create these backgrounds. The image is colored with Copics and the background is done with inks.
As fast as the background is colored in…
you can go very artsy here, there are not really mistakes you can make except loading your brush with too much water.
The coloring with the Copics on this paper is very time consuming and in my opinion rather difficult.
I have made cards using this technique for more than a year and I do have 2 packs paper at home but I rarely make these kind of cards because I do not find much pleasure coloring the main image in, if you know what I mean. However once it is done it does look nice and different.
A few notes I have made while I colored in and I want to mention here are
- Copics are kind of difficult to blend because the ink rather sticks to the surface
- my most and trusted colors appear on this paper totally different than on x-press cs
- I have to adjust my coloring technique in a different way than when I use Copics. I usually color from light to dark.
- Copic dry time is much longer – smudges therefore easily.. be careful with hands
- ink sticks to front and dries there – as mentioned.. it needs to be worked with the very tip of your brush Copic to smooth the ink out.
Hope this helps