Saturday, January 17, 2009

Valentines Edwin


Hello and happy Saturday. This card was made this Tuesday using this weeks ISMAKI sketch :-) I wanted to make a card using a boy image... after the little gift bag i decorated i noticed that i have not used Charmer Edwin in a long time. He really is one of my favorite Magnolia stamps ... yes, he does have wings but those ARE the original Magnolia stamps and we fell in love with them in the first place. If you go back on my blog around February 2007 you will find many card ideas using this adorable stamp!

Usually i like to avoid using Prima Flowers with boy images.. i don't know it is probably just a personal preference, but i think i this case it does work and with buttons instead of other little flowers or rhinestone brads it does not look too feminine. Love my new Swirl punch lol.. Carole gave this one to me and if you have not seen her card from yesterday.. please take a look she found an other absolutely fabulous punch online. She is such an enabler :-).. she simply has a good eye for Design Elements and to make the story short.. the punch is on hold for me in my Scrapbook store lol

Here is the inside of my card. Now, if you do like Martha Stewart punches.... :-) well. keep looking at my blog. Each Michaels store here in Michigan got only 3 punches in from the new Collectible Valentines line. I was able to get one last border punch and i will give this one away with a stamp set Alota Rubberstamps will release beginning of this week. May i suggest to subscribe to the Alota Rubberstamps email list? This way you will not miss any new stamp release. You can also contact Helene with suggestions what kind of stamps you would love to see in the future. Her new Designer works already on some images that were suggested. Anyhow.. i can not wait to show you all this stamp set. It will be AMAZING! So Helene sponsors the set and i will add the "Mini Heart" Border punch and some extras for one lucky winner.

I have received this award from my friend Kristine and i am very grateful for that. Now i want to give this award to two of my blogging friends who are always there for me: Bea , Carole and Jaqueline


on ebay for .99 cents :-)

40 comments:

Debby said...

I love this little Edwin and your card is soooo pretty.This Edwin is perfect for Valentine's cards.
hugs,
Debby

Anonymous said...

Do you know Claudia, you just amaze me every day with your fabulous cards. This is so beautiful...such pretty flowers and stitching detail. I am glad you are having fun with your new swirl punch..I'm loving what you are doing with it :-)
How nice to see Charmer Edwin..what a perfect and gorgeous card.
Thanks for the information about alota...there are some really great new stamps...I will keep my eye open for more new ones!
Love and Hugs my friend.
Carole x

Marja Sch said...

Gorgeous card Claudia. Carole say it all. Fabulous colours. Hugs marja

deb said...

WOW this is just gorgeous!! I love the colors and the Edwin is so cute!
Perfect for Valentines Day!
hugz

Anonymous said...

I had to come back and thank you for your sweet words Claudia...you are so special :-)
Thanks, too, for the wonderful award...means a lot to receive an award from the Queen of Cards :-)
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

....and I love the inside.......thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas and for all the amazing inspiration you give to me :-)
Hugs xxx

Nicole Bailey said...

beautiful, just beautiful Claudia. :O)
TFS>

Kerry D-C said...

This is so beautiful! The flowers look perfect with this Edwin. TFS

stampinfrog said...

This is sooooo Beautiful! Edwin never looked sooooo good.Pefect color combo and embellies!...TFS
Have a great and safe weekend!
Connie (aka stampinfrog on scs)

doris said...

Deine Karte ist wieder ganz zauberhaft!!

GLG Doris

Jayne Hayward said...

What a truely wonderful card and the colours you have used are so beautiful.

Jayne xx

Elena said...

This card is very pretty! I love the flowers here! And Edwin is so charming! Love the buttons in the center of the flowers!

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Claudia! Love the colours and your colouring is always amazing!

Drea´s World said...

Hallo Claudis wie göttlich is der denn ich habe mich noch nie getraut den in diesen Farben ´zu colorieren klasse gefällt mir und die Gestaltung klasse!!!

Grüßlie DREA ;)

Julie said...

Your card is just beautiful.

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Claudia!! I really love your swirls and your flowers are gorgeous!! He is a little charmer huh? Love your interpretation of the sketch!
:)Kathy

Sharon Caudle said...

Claudia, you continually amaze me with your wonderful work! Thank you for all your inspiration! Have a wonderful day!

Annie said...

what a gorgeous card you have created with Edwin, and just so pretty! hugs, annie x

marsha said...

Gorgeous card Claudia! A perfect solution for Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

!! j'adore ta carte ! edwin et l'interieure aussi
bizz Mu

Lou Sims said...

This is gorgeous and what a great card for a young lad to give to a special lady in his life.

Adorable details and colour.

Wendy said...

This is a very lovely card, and I like it the flowers with the boy stamp!!

Heidi said...

Claudia- you are so wonderful to offer the punch and Helene for the stamp set. Those punches are lovely!
Your card is just adorable, it is a shame those little boys will not cherish it as much as us "old" women. So lovely to look at!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

tres tres jolie carte ,elle est mangnifique , tu peux voir ma carte sur mon blog
amitié
isabelle
http://isadtleselfes.canalblog.com/

Jills Scrappy Daze said...

Gorgeous card Claudia, you are so talented.The papers are beautiful and the image is coloured to perfection as always. This Edwin stamp is also my favourite.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Jill x x

Riet said...

wat een schitterende kaart Claudia.
zo mooi en leuk gedaan.

liefs Riet.

Cheryl said...

WOW!! Not surprising another beautiful card.I love the flowers and the swirls!!

Suzanne said...

your cards are absolutely gorgeous. Really beautiful

Hugs
Suzanne x

Monique said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colours you used and all the stitching!!

xx Monique

poupetteval said...

love your card and the colours U used

Deb said...

stunning card Claudia, love your stitching and the beautiful way you used hte flowers!

ineskreationen said...

total süss

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous` Claudia..Hope your having a great weekend:)~X~

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Claudia, I've just used a swirl which I dont normally use but think I will a bit more often!
Clairex

chrissi said...

Eine wunderschöne Gestaltung und supertolle Farben.
LG Chrissi

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my gosh Claudia, you have a great eye for design elements as well my friend!! Every day I am amazed by your talent!!

Hugs, K

retiredheather said...

Claudia your talent overwhelms me and encourages me at the same time. This card is wonderful and I adore that swirl punch. Such a great detail.
Hugs
Heather

Heidi said...

Stunning card like always my friend. I really are a big fan of your creations. The colors and the details are sooooooo beautiful.

Hugs and love
Heidi

nicky said...

auch dies ist eine wunderschöne karte geworden! lg nicky

scrappinpeg said...

Awe.... Edwin makes such a perfect valentine card. This is just soooo pretty. hugs... Peggy