Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Hip To Be Square

This is my first week as a Guest Desinger for Papertake Weekly Challenge. I still can not believe it :-)
For this weeks challenge we have to make something using sqares or with squares. I love challenges like this were you can be free with your designs but still have some sort of lead. Please make sure to check what the other Designers came up with. There are a lot of great ideas to get an inspiration for your own ideas.
My cards are square in format. My first card is a baby girl card it uses American Crafts DP, Bazzil Textured 12x12 CS and Pretty in Pink SU CS. Stampset is from Stampin up "Iam here" (retiered) This is the inside of the card. The card allowes you to showcase a cute picture with plenty of space to embellish plus on the left hand side you can write a note or in my case i will add a little baby poem and the name, birthdate, time and weight oft the baby.
Feltflower is Making Memories (loved that soft look with the baby pic)

I thought the back of the card looks nice with DP too and i wanted to add the label to write the baby's name on it or the date. Dont know yet... will check with the mom. The frilly label is from Magnolia - love how versatile it is.
My second card ist the same folding but i used the Word Window punch to make a opening for the wide grosgrain ribbon. I used strong colors with this design, the flower tag says "so sweet of you" and it's circular shape repeads in the My Minds Eye DP. I always look in my cards to somehow repead the pattern in my embellishments or on pictures - did you notice that the babys outfit has polka dots and the little pearl sticker on the flower - same as my DP?
I hope you like these cards they are easy to make and you can mass produce them fast if you need to make baby cards or birthday invites. You could even make a Dinner invite and print the menue on one side and a map to your house on the other.

card measures: 5x5
Card base is 5 x12 scored at 5" + 10"

32 comments:

Maren said...

These are wonderful! I love this fold and especially how you used the word window!!

Catherine said...

What an adorable card =)
love it!

Sandy said...

I Love it. Oh Claudi die beiden sind abslout bezaubernd. Klasse einfach wunderschön.

Marilyn said...

I love the baby announcement card - it is just the cutest!! I've saved it so that when I need inspiration I'll have it on hand - and thanks for stopping by my site too!

Leonie said...

Oh these cards are stunning!

The babycard is soooo sweet! It is such a great idea to make this beautiful inside!

I love the way you work with some kind of buckles, don't know how to call them, I mean the strings that you use to hold the card closed.

~ Leonie ~

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Mensch Claudia - ich bin mal wieder hin und weg von deiner Kartenkunst - megastark

PS: Aber das schaf auf dem ersten bild ist auch schnuffig

Unknown said...

Beautiful Claudia - you outdo yourself yet again! The two cards look so different and are both gorgeous. Excellent! Lol Lynn x

Andrea, said...

Such fab cards Claudia, the baby announcement is so special. I love the fold of the cards

Marja Sch said...

I love it. So cute.

craftyb said...

Hi C, i love them both! The first is so pretty - perfect for a newborn, and the magnolia label on the back is fab! The 2nd in stronger colours is equally fab - don't think I could pick a favourite! bx

Jutta said...

Hallo Claudia,
Deine Karten sind ja wieder sowas von schön. Aber auch Dein Schaf ist richtig zum Knuddeln.
LG Jutta

Nixe-Moni said...

Ohhhh jaaaaa I LOVE YOUR CARDS :)Die Karten sind ja soooo süüüüßßß und zauberhaft gemacht, KLASSE!! Die erste ist mein Favorit, alleine weil sie schon ROSA ist, hihi ...

Katharina Frei said...

Wunderschöne Karten und sehr edel Claudia! Die Idee werde ich mir abgucken :)

Marlou McAlees said...

two beautiful cards Claudia!! adorable!! :)

Monika said...

2 wunderschöne Karten,jede auf ihre eigene Art ,genial

Anonymous said...

Wunderschöne Karten, machst du mal eine Anleitung dazu?

Aline said...

Beautifull and sweet. I like them both.

Donalda said...

Well girl you just believe it!!!!!! lol You are one talented artist and they are so lucky to have you design for them. Any company would be for your work is gorgeous girl !!!! I just love the cards you made. Gorgeous as always dear

Suzanne said...

They are just beautiful both of them. Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh man ich bin immer wieder begeistert, ganz ganz toll. Vielen Dank für diese tollen Anregungen.
Liebe Grüsse
Birgit

Ana Baird said...

Fantastic and beautiful!

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, was tolle Werke. Ich bin immer wieder begeistert :-)))....

Cecilia said...

Hello! You have beautiful blog. The baby card is good idea.. I'm from finland and I make card too, Penny Black, magnolia .. If you want "go" to my blog, adress is www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Have a nice spring time!

tracie said...

these are fabulous - love the design and very cute. :-)x

Ila said...

These are Fabulous!!...I love them all..what a wonderful idea!!

Annie said...

another fabulous idea Claudia, I don't know which I like best, the card or the cutie soft toy!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning card fantatic work ,Dawnx

Jo said...

These cards are absolutely wonderful and I love the way you've displayed them :)

Anonymous said...

both so beautiful Claudia:)x

Mrs Mayne said...

They're fantastic cards Claudia. Can't wait to show next weeks! x

Heike said...

Die Karte ist wunderschön - vielleicht mops ich mir die Idee, wenn Lennart geboren ist!
LG, Heike

Zimtschnecke said...

Meine Güte, die Karte in rosa ist ja einfach zauberhaft! *schmacht*

Ich hoffe es ist in Ordnung, wenn ich Deinen Blog verlinke, aber bei so süße Karten kann ich nicht anders! =)