This weeks Challange at Papertake is "Hearts Desire". So your creation has to have a heart on it. This is what i made. The little box has hearts on the patterend paper, so i hope it is okay for the challange and for the 3x3 notecards i used my Cuttlebug Die and punched first the chipboard out and than the Designer Paper. I wanted the notecard not too fancy so i only added a prima flower to the heart. For stamping i used "Carte Postale" (words and the little flower branch). I hope you like my "non-cute" :-) work, too. Thanks for looking, today
just noticed on Frans blog, it works for the Stampin up Challange as well. Here you go:
I was not able to make pictures from each step on how to make the box but here are the instructions i have found online and i was able to finish my box with. Instructions
1) For the base of the box cut a sheet of cardstock to 5 3/8″ x 8″ and score along the short side at 1″. Flip the cardstock 180 degrees, then score on the other end at 1″.
2) flip cardstock 90 degrees, then score along the long side at 3 1/4″. Rotate 180 degrees, then score the other end at 3 1/4″.
3) Fold along the score lines, using a bone folder to help achieve a crisp, clean edge. Then cut along the 3 1/4″ score lines just until you reach the 1″ score line as shown in the picture below.
4) Place a small strip of double sided tape or sticky strip along the outside top edge of the small flap. Keeping your box bottom flat on the table, fold up one side of the box. Place a strip of double sided tape or sticky strip along the edge (on the inside) of each of the long flaps.
5) Again keeping your box bottom flat, fold up the other side of the box. box flaps do not overlap completely
6) For the lid, cut a sheet of cardstock to 4 - 3/8″ x 2 - 9/16″. Score at 1/2″.
7 ) Score at 1/2″ along the remaining 3 sides.
8) Fold along the score lines, again using a bone folder to get a crisp, clean edge. Cut on the score lines along the short side of the cardstock, just until you reach the intersecting score line
9 ) Fold the smaller flaps to the inside and tape to the side flap as shown below. Repeat on the other side.